fake directx 9c instead of 9b (needed for rFactor Config)

Christoph Frick frick at sc-networks.com
Wed Sep 7 05:18:40 CDT 2005

On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 10:55:50AM +0100, Oliver Stieber wrote:

> > The attached patch sets the version for directx to 9C (instead of
> > 9B).  The rF\ Config.exe from the game rFactor (www.rfactor.net)
> > needs this to work. After that change i was able to successfully run
> > the config and configure the game (yet the game itself fails to
> > execute by a stack-overflow in the exception handling).
> The only real difference between 9C and 9B is shaders, a lot of cards
> don't support 9C shaders under windows, even though the drivers are 9C
> so even on windows you could consider the version to be 'faked'.
> I'll take a look at getting rfactor working a bit better too, or at
> least identifying the problems.

i am sorry, if this is a little misleading. the "patch" only changes a
stored string in the registry. this is only to convince the game, that
"directx 9c" is installed. whatever the config does beside the string
compare - WINE does it good enough so the config is convinced in having
dx9c. it then suggests on my machine the dx7 renderer, which is due to
the missing performance of my machine - i can not say, what is missing
in WINE, that make the app think dx7 is appropriate.

--
cu