wineserver keeps running after wine exits

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Thu Sep 8 12:07:14 CDT 2005

"ivan vadoviè" <pivo at pobox.sk> writes:

> So, wine exits, but wineserver keeps running and finishes a second or two
> later. As a result it rewrites the config files AFTER the command completion.
> That confuses scripts reading and manipulating the registers. Well, it confuses
> wine too, if I try to run wine immediately after exiting wine.
>
> Is that on purpose? Is there any workaround? Am I doing something wrong here?

Yes, it's on purpose. You can reduce the timeout by using the -p
option to wineserver, but there will be a race in any case. You really
shouldn't be manipulating the registry files directly, you should call
regedit from your scripts. And running wine immediately after exiting
should work fine, could you please give details on what doesn't work?

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org