user: make A->W WM_GETTEXTLENGTH use WM_GETTEXT [try 2]

Frank Richter frank.richter at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 09:49:52 CDT 2005

On 09.09.2005 16:27, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Well, I'm not sure doing a SendMessage is the right thing if you are
> called from inside CallWindowProc, you may have to do a CallWindowProc

UnmapMsgAtoW() (or so) is also called when interprocess messages are
translated back... in this case, (afaik... correct me when I'm wrong) a
CallWindowProc() does not suffice...

> instead. I think a test case will be needed to find out what Windows
> does.

Hm... not certain how I could determine with what facility(ie
CallWndProc() vs SendMessage() vs something else?) a message (in this
case, WM_GETTEXT) was sent to a window.

-f.r.