[Now ns7] Dragon ns8 problem

peter at piments.com peter at piments.com
Fri Sep 9 16:32:23 CDT 2005

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 16:27:47 +0200, Jean Magnan de Bornier
<jean at bornier.net> wrote:

> Now it won't start, but I'm being confident: this thing accepts one more
> thing every day, not more; so maybe tomorrow, after a reboot (probably
> unneeded, but there seems to be a real addiction about reboot for these
> strange animals!), it will run ok, if not I might post the logs...
>
> thanks,

A reboot is hardly ever needed on Linux is you know what to kill/restart.
If you dont , it can often be the quickest solution on a desktop system.

I've got my WINE/NS closing down pretty cleanly from the menu now. I let
it spew out a few messages to the console and then I have to cntl_c it. A
couple of seconds later there is no debris on "ps ax" . Re-running wine
natspeak afterwards is as good as new.

I think that is pretty impressive , hats of to all who have contributed to
this effort over the years.

And many thanks.

--
Using Opera e-mail on Gentoo Linux