listview crash fix

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Fri Sep 16 07:44:31 CDT 2005

Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com> writes:

> OK, here it is, using exceptions instead of cluttering the
> code with tests all over the place. Obviously, it is much
> cleaner then other methods, but we've I know we've been
> hesitant to use exceptions in Wine unless absolutely
> necessary due to the cost of __TRY.

IMO that's really ugly, and will cause no end of maintenance
nightmares. You can't just jump out like that, you'll need to check
every intermediate function to make sure it unwinds properly, frees
allocated memory etc.  In the end it's the same work as handling the
error explicitly, but it makes the code much harder to follow.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org