documentation out of date.

wino at piments.com wino at piments.com
Sat Sep 17 14:12:55 CDT 2005

I am trying to update from 20050524 to wine-20050830.

The newer version tells me to use winecfg not the old config file , so I
thought I should read up on it.

>> bash-3.00#man winecfg
>> No manual entry for winecfg

So I tried man wine but no mention of winecfg , it still refers to the
config file. It also lists a reference in the last line to a man entry for
wineserver. So I decided to get upto date on wineserver...

>> bash-3.00#man wineserver
>> No manual entry for wineserver

Wine is a very complex program, it would be helpful if the man entries
were self-consistent and updated with the release they install with,
especially when important changes like the introduction of wineconfig are
concerned.

So where do I look for info on winecfg? In short, does .wine/config still
get read or is it dead?

Also winecfg About tells me version is "wine CVS" , wine command tells me
20050830.

I am trying to maintain an app in the appDB but this is difficult without
consistent doc.

TIA for any input.