Documentation volunteer(s) needed

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Tue Sep 20 15:14:48 CDT 2005

Hello,
> Oh yeah, another question-- are we making provision for 'special
> circumstances'? I've got an ATI card, which makes me sensitive to such
> things, since the ATI drivers fail to do many things that they should,
> and often additional provisions need to be made specifically to get an
> app or game to run with the stupid fglrx drivers, where no such config
> workarounds need to be used with nVidia cards, or so I've heard. Or does
> that just fall under 'Troubleshooting'? Or does Wine not need such
> workarounds at all (unlike Cedega)?
There are for sure some cases where fglrx-specific problems exist. I am
hunting two problems with this driver. One thing is that glTexSubImage2D()
and glReadPixels() are HORRIBLY slow, another one is a crash in the fglrx
driver somehow related to textures.

Maybe I can solve these 2 in time, so you don't have to write about them ;-)

Stefan