Documentation volunteer(s) needed

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Tue Sep 20 15:56:41 CDT 2005

Hello,

> You need to turn on backbuffers / backingstore in your xf86config and those
> two functions were reasonable fast (so long as you don't play mess around
> with the transfer modes) older driver (can't renember which version)
Does this still work with newer drivers? 8.16.20 for example? It doesn't work
for me.
(I don't understand this clearly from your sentence.)

> I've got a hack to go into wined3d that speeds up locking the backbuffer by
> not bothering to read it if it's just been cleared, this get's movies using
> DirectX and backbuffer locking up to a good frame rate with low CPU usage.
That's exactly the problem I have! I expect it to occur too when Empire Earth
finally runs. Can you send me your hack? I'd like to try it with D3D7.

Another question: I've hit a problem where fglrx crashes on glBegin(GL_*) when
GL_TEXTURE_2D is enabled. Any experiance / hints?

Thanks for this hint, it looks like you saved me from doing a time-intensive
investigation!

Stefan