Windows CE on Wine

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Wed Sep 21 02:50:42 CDT 2005

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 10:35:13AM +0200, Boaz Harrosh wrote:
>  Funny how Microsoft uses a totally different set of Headers for CE.
> Even the Wine-headers are closer to the original SDK than CE. The order
> of function is different, the macros, the styling. There is no
> resemblance, not even one name of one parameter. Just the Function name
> and the Header name. Its like they had a copyright problem and needed to
> write it from scratch.:)

Just an outrageously wild guess: OS/2?
Maybe the standard Windows headers were going back to the time where they
cooperated with IBM to create OS/2, so they decided to play it safe and create
a completely new header set that they would be able to reuse for their main
Windows tree in case IBM were to sue them in the very distant future?
The same goes for the actual CE source code, I guess...

> What I'm afraid of is the things I don't know, which is how x86 is Wine.
> And how separated is that from the rest of the code.

You will probably have an exciting job ahead of you, good luck! ;)

Andreas Mohr