D3D7 -> WineD3D

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Wed Sep 21 15:09:35 CDT 2005

> > > http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-patches/2005-September/020829.html
> >
> > I've seen it, but I've spent all my time hacking on D3D7->WineD3D
>
> Great..

It's not so great at the moment, I've stopped trying for now. WineD3D and D3D7
are too different to allow an easy translation between them. My plan was to
copy some interfaces from d3d9 and use them to translate between d3d7 and
wined3d, so I can use wined3d with the directx 9 interface, but I ended up
with copying more and more code. I stopped when I tried to do something
usefull with DD7 surfaces.

I didn't want to make huge changes into WineD3D, and I have to understand the
way how newer Direct3D versions are working better.

Stefan