Newbie Wine question... Borland C++ Builder and Firebird via FIBplus

Esko Woudenberg wanderbored at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 22 11:12:52 CDT 2005

I have a Borland C++ Application (with full source
code) that I am trying to get to run under Wine
20050830.  (I plan on switching to CVS builds once I
see some progress)

I keep getting "segmentation fault" when running the
app.  I found info on WINEDEBUG and am currently
running it set to +relay   This results in 300+
Megabyte debug file.  (Ran system out of memory trying
to loot at it with Konq)  I have then been using
"tail" to grab just the last few thousand lines of
it...  It always ends with hundreds/thousands of calls
to ntdll.RtlEnterCriticalSection and
ntdll.RtsLeaveCriticalSection followed by
err:seh:setup_exception stack overflow ### bytes in
thread #### eip ###### esp ###### stack 0x##### -
0x####

I am planning on using the HKLM\Software\Wine\Wine
existence to let the app know it is running on wine...

The app itself also has a "debug mode" that logs
events to a file while running - is there a way to
send these messages to the same log as WINEDEBUG?
That way I would be able to see what method or
function of the app resulted in the thousands of calls
into the WIN32 API...

I am trying to figure out how to:
A> Turn the above errors into useful bug reports
B> Be able to resolve limitations or errors in wine as
I came across them...

I do NOT speak for the U.S.Army Corps of Engineers.  I
am a contractor supporting one of their projects...
The recent developments in Mass re Open Formats
motivated me to try to get this app working under wine
so that running Windows (only platform currently
supported by this software) would not be a requirement
in order to work on large USACE contracts...