Make DrawMenuBar and SetMenu tests pass under Wine

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Sun Sep 25 21:14:33 CDT 2005

"Vitaliy Margolen" <wine-devel at kievinfo.com> wrote:

> Saturday, September 24, 2005, 9:10:03 AM, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> > It's a bit awkward to run message tests with current CVS, DDE test
> > fails and doesn't allow the tests to continue, so I had to run it
> > manually. I haven't investigated the source of the failure, but symptoms
> > are that IsWindowUnicode now returns TRUE when it shouldn't, and that
> > reminds me old reports that uxtheme makes windows appear unicode
> > when they are not. Time to go to test.winehq.org and find the time of
> > the breakage.

Unfortunately test.winehq.org is not of much use, for some reason it doesn't
provide test results for some time already.

> Just look for theming patches from around 1 - 1.5 months ago. Each themed
> control has that problem. I don't understand that too, but author claims that
> this the way it is on winXP with comctl32 6.0.

Well, my XP SP1 doesn't behave that way for sure, and DDE test passes for me
on it without any problem. For the reference my comctl32.dll has the following
version info:

FILEVERSION 5,82,2800,1106
PRODUCTVERSION 6,0,2800,1106
VALUE "FileVersion", "5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920)"
VALUE "ProductVersion", "6.00.2800.1106"

--
Dmitry.