CopyEnhMetaFile() on big endian arch

Phil Krylov phil at newstar.rinet.ru
Tue Sep 27 17:38:10 CDT 2005

Hi,

My problem is:

CopyEnhMetaFile() creates a .wmf file from a HENHMETAFILE by simple dumping
of data to the file. On big-endian platforms (in my case - PowerPC) the
resulting file is not a valid WMF. To make it valid, we need to convert all
binary data to little-endian.

I'd like to make it work. Can someone suggest where the byte order should
be reversed? Should it be done in the HENHMETAFILE stored in memory, or
should rather CopyEnhMetaFile parse the whole metafile and byte-reverse all
data that should be dumped to disk?

In any case, it seems to be a huge task. If someone is also interested,
probably we should cooperate with each other?

-- Ph.