Software Freedom Conservancy

Brian Vincent brian.vincent at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 12:09:58 CDT 2006

On 3/31/06, Jeremy White <jwhite at codeweavers.com> wrote:

> Anyone else have any objections or other thoughts on it?

My $.02 is that it's necessary.  Last year I had a chance for someone local
to make a donation but they needed to do it to a registered 501c3
organization.  Well, the money ended up going to a local charity instead.

The last thing Jeremy needs is to have money passing through CW and I think
we should get our finances straight.  This really sounds like a win-win
situation and I can't think of a single drawback.  The real important thing
is the taxes get done correctly so we don't lose the 501c3 exemption.

Assuming it gets set up, I'll volunteer to go out and scrounge for some
cash.  Having some $$$ on hand wouldn't be a bad problem to have.

-Brian