Implement THREAD_PRIORITY_TIME_CRITICAL

Jesse Allen the3dfxdude at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 12:15:06 CDT 2006

On 4/4/06, Mike Hearn <mike at plan99.net> wrote:
> > Audio playback and decoding should not really use much cpu.
>
> I'm not even sure we can control that. Some games seem to set up their
> own mixing threads and such (looking at the SDL Win32 code it calls
> SetThreadPriority itself).

Ah, I have an idea! We should anaylze a native Linux SDL program
running versus the same exact program compiled for Win32.

If the program is written well enough, it should not cause delay in
its own code. This way if wine takes considerable amount more time
running the audio threads than it would using direct native code, we
can try to take a hard look and improve Wine's sound to act the same
as the linux native version as much as possible.

Jesse