Implement THREAD_PRIORITY_TIME_CRITICAL

Willie Sippel willie at zeitgeistmedia.net
Tue Apr 4 17:27:13 CDT 2006

Am Dienstag, 4. April 2006 16:46 schrieb Andreas Mohr:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 12:36:06AM +1000, Con Kolivas wrote:
> > On Wednesday 05 April 2006 00:34, Andreas Mohr wrote:
> > > And this all should work perfectly well with NON-soft-realtime
> > > scheduling, as clearly said before.
> > > Well, in theory, at least...
> >
> > Andi just out of interest, how does normal scheduling on current ck
> > (2.6.16-ck3) perform with this?
>
> Hmm, difficult :-\
> I don't have any game candidate here, and frankly I don't even have a
> current Wine install...

No need for a full-blown game, I use this great free 5.9MB demo to test audio
on Wine:
http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=18359

Unbearable with regular Wine (kernel 2.6.13/ amd64, gentoo r5 patchset - can't
test with later kernels, as there's a problem with the SCSI-subsystem as of
2.6.14), just dandy with Mikes patch and realtime-lsm...

--
Willie Sippel

  ////////  |  Tritium Studios
//// ///    |  http://www.tritium-studios.com