Invisible fonts regression

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg2 at cornell.edu
Wed Apr 5 19:54:42 CDT 2006

I am no longer able to see fonts in:
- the GTA installer - for example on the intial screen ("What language
to use?")
- Steam (*with* Tahoma previously installed and working). When selecting
menus fonts will flash quickly making the menu visible, and then disappear.

In addition, when re-creating a new clean wine root, I also lose the
ability to see fonts in winecfg.
This is Wine 0.9.11 on Fedora Rawhide x86_64. There is no error output.
The Steam problem was in the last release as well.

What should I do to track down the problem?