Coverity doing scans of Wine codebase!

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Thu Apr 6 15:04:14 CDT 2006

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 08:54:17PM +0100, Mike Hearn wrote:
> * Another (missing NULL ptr check in LoadTypeLibEx) is right, but, I don't
>   think we want to add lots of missing NULL arg checks in the public API
>   implementations. An application will never pass NULL to this function
>   directly as otherwise it'd not work at all, so, a crash with a NULL arg
>   here probably is revealing some other bug.
>
>   I'd rather it crashed cleanly in a debuggable way than silently return
>   error code and continue, in other words ...
Yes, as discussed before, this kind of "bugs" most likely should *not* be
fixed.
Examples of real bugs here would be a missing NULL pointer in
*Wine internal* code that really should have had a NULL pointer check
since it's dealing with exclusively internal data (i.e. data that has a
rather closed life cycle within a certain wine mechanism, without exposure
to the public Win32 side of things).

Andreas

--
No programming skills!? Why not help translate many Linux applications!
https://launchpad.ubuntu.com/rosetta