server: Fix for possible desktop variable being NULL when set_process_default_desktop is called

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Fri Apr 7 08:01:48 CDT 2006

On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 13:34:49 +0100, Robert Shearman wrote:
> Sorry, you are correct. It does indeed look like a flaw in the scanner:

I'm not sure whether this is a bug in the scanner or some other issue, but
cases where it flags things that cannot happen because of the
design of other parts of the code is what I meant by "logical" errors,
rather than actual boolean logic. I'm not really convinced a static
analysis can catch things that we "know" cannot happen (eg it'd be a
violation of the X protocol or something) and so rely on them without
explicit checks.

thanks -mike