Dogfood gone runny: fonts awful in firefox

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Apr 7 22:23:30 CDT 2006

On 4/7/06, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> Seems like the recent font patches have
> caused trouble in both Firefox.
> In Firefox, I have to install corefonts for
> text to be legible at all lately.
> Is this expected?

I should mention that there's some chance a change
in my build environment caused this.
I recently switched from FC3 to Dapper Flight 6.
Also, I'd been running with corefonts installed on FC3
for a while, so who knows when this happened,
if it's real.

The symptom is that without core fonts, text in firefox
looks really thin; it's the right size and shape, but
the strokes are so thin as to be hard to see.
- Dan