DirectX 7

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Sun Apr 9 03:03:44 CDT 2006

Am Sonntag, 9. April 2006 03:45 schrieb Dimi Paun:
> I am not up-to-date with the latest DirectX news, can someone
> please tell me if we have any support for DirectX 7?
DirectX 7 is supported since quite a long time. I'm currently re-writing ddraw
and d3d7 support.

> I have a screensaver (Marine Aquarium) that I would like to run,
> but it requires DirectX 7.
>
> Is there any trick to get it to run?
Most likly it uses some strange way to determine if directx is supported, like
checking for the existance of a .dll file. A +file trace might reveal
something. Perhaps it checks for a fixed directx version string, and fails
because we have the dx9 string, but it expects dx7. Unlikely, but I've once
seen an app that failed for this reason in Windows

Stefan