Missing fonts

Huw D M Davies h.davies1 at physics.ox.ac.uk
Mon Apr 10 09:38:12 CDT 2006

On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 04:33:10PM +0200, Eric Pouech wrote:
> Huw D M Davies wrote:

> >>The test fails if you have some other fonts installed.
> >

> >It shouldn't.  Could you debug what's going on?  We should only be
> >running the tests if EnumFonts finds these specific fonts.
> basically, what happens:
> - if I remove every font related entry from the registry, the test
> runs fine
> - but it only runs once fine, the second time it fails
>
> what happens is that I have (in c:\windows\fonts) installed the fonts
> from an existing windows setup, and those fonts get priority over the
> ones coming from wine
>
> IMO, this is a wrong behavior. Wine's own font should get priority over
> any other ones.

Ah, the Windows fonts are failing because when Dmitry wrote the test
he was using a Russian locale and the metrics are slightly different
from a latin-1 set.  We do indeed need to fix this.

Having Windows fonts take priority is actually a feature - they have
more strikes and better glyph coverage.

Huw.
--
Huw Davies