Wine fonts too big for their input fields.

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Tue Apr 11 18:53:20 CDT 2006

Tony Lambregts wrote:
> We now have at least three bugs[1] where the program will not accept the
> all the characters that are required if we do not use native fonts. The
> latest bug report was reported just today and the reporter resolved the
> bug as FIXED when he used Native fonts.
>
> So I have a couple of questions.
>
> Should we consider using native fonts a "FIX" or is it just a
> workaround? Or in other words can we fix our built in fonts to fix this.

I also have an installer (for Xilinx) that exhibits this problem. I
created a small application that creates a single line edit control
(which is what the Xilinx installer uses). I notice that on Win2k the
EM_GETMARGINS message returns zero for left and right messages, but on
Wine it returns 2 for both margins.

 From a trace, the margins are getting set to 2 in EDIT_WM_SetFont(),
with the call:
	EDIT_EM_SetMargins(es, EC_LEFTMARGIN | EC_RIGHTMARGIN,
			   EC_USEFONTINFO, EC_USEFONTINFO, FALSE);
Commenting out that single line makes the Xilinx installer work fine.
Not that it is the correct fix ;)