Wine fonts too big for their input fields.

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Wed Apr 12 12:14:58 CDT 2006

Huw D M Davies wrote:

> MS Shell Dlg maps to either Microsoft Sans Serif or Tahoma depending
> on Windows version; the default wine.inf maps it to Tahoma so you
> should check whether you have tahoma.ttf installed.  If in doubt a
> +font log will tell you what Wine picks for this font.

In Win2k, it is picking "MS Sans Serif", but in Wine configured for
"Windows 2000" it is picking Tahoma. And indeed, using my small test
app, in Win2k with the Tahoma font, I can no longer type 4 numbers in
the field, and the margins are both set to '3'.

On the other hand, in both Win2k and WinXP, "MS Shell Dlg" seems to be
mapping to "MS Sans Serif". So is having Tahoma the default really the
right thing to do?