Wine fonts too big for their input fields.

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Wed Apr 12 17:13:43 CDT 2006

Huw Davies wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 12:26:07PM -0700, Duane Clark wrote:
>> Huw Davies wrote:
>>> Interesting, so to clarify, even a large edit control and a small
>>> Microsoft Sans Serif has a zero margin?
>> Yep.
>
> Fascinating.  This will probably be a huge clue in working out exactly
> what Windows does here - unfortunately, at the moment, I have no idea
> what it means :-(

Hmmm, well I found this:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/commctls/editcontrols/editcontrols.asp

where is says "By default, the edit control margins are set just wide
enough to accommodate the largest character horizontal overhang
(negative ABC widths) for the current font being used in the edit control."

I haven't quite figured out what that means, yet ;)