Starcraft vs. fullscreen

Neil Skrypuch ns03ja at brocku.ca
Thu Apr 13 21:11:14 CDT 2006

On Thursday, April 13, 2006 09:50, Molle Bestefich wrote:
> Jesse Allen wrote:
> > Molle Bestefich wrote:
> > > Looks like xrandr [support] is broken.
> > > It says "Changing Resolution to 640x480",
> > > so that sounds great - only it doesn't.
> >
> > I'd maybe look through xorg.conf or you X.org
> > log and see what is going on with those refresh frequencies.
>
> Dumb question time.
>
> I can switch to 640x480 just fine using [CTRL] [ALT] [-],
> does that mean that my xrandr is working?
>
> At least it means that my xorg.conf is fine, right.
> Nothing is written to Xorg.0.log when switching resolution manually or
> starting the game.
> Hmm.

That uses xvidmode to switch resolutions (and really just changes the amount
you can view, the desktop size stays the same, try moving the mouse to the
edges of the screen). xrandr is a different way of switching resolutions,
which actually changes the resolution on the fly, try using 'krandrtray' or
'xrandr' to use xrandr instead.

You should see the following in your Xorg.0.log file, if xrandr is enabled:
(==) RandR enabled
(II) Initializing built-in extension RANDR

- Neil