Things That Doesn't Work Too Well With DxGrab=Yes (tm)

Molle Bestefich molle.bestefich at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 07:27:27 CDT 2006

Hi.

Hope I do not spam too much.

Things That Doesn't Work Too Well With DxGrab=Yes (tm)

1.) Grabbing isn't disabled when I switch to the KDE menu with CTRL-ESC.
    (I was trying to start ksnapshot.)

2.) Grabbing isn't disabled when I switch (to ksnapshot) with ALT-TAB.

3.) Grabbing isn't disabled when I start the Campaign Editor in
Starcraft, which is a separate application launched in windowed mode
in maximized state.  Even though the Campaign Editor correctly gets
focus, the mouse is still caught in the rectangle where Starcraft used
to be, plus some keyboard and all mouse input doesn't work.

The MS-Windows solution is to minimize fullscreen applications and let
the mouse roam freely when the fullscreen app loose focus.  Also,
MS-Windows switches back to the user's preferred resolution when a
fullscreen application looses focus, which is nice.

I'm not sure what the best solution for Wine is, but the current one
isn't it ;-).

I'll open a bug on this unless anyone think that's a bad idea?

There's already bug 888, but that's about an entirely different
approach which I think is less useful.