Summer of Code strategy

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Apr 14 20:23:34 CDT 2006

Hi everybody!
There are two weeks before students can
submit Summer of Code proposals.
How can we use that time to maximize the
number of successful projects this year?
The students who already have their own good ideas
(whoever they are) will probably succeed;
we probably need to provide a set of prefab projects
of sorts to give guidance to students who are new
to Wine and haven't any idea what to work on.

Ideally, each such prefab project would have an active developer
(or a close approximation) as project leader and mentor.
Are any developers willing and able to come up with
a project idea and help mentor/supervise a student
to work on it?
- Dan