Wine Front-End development

Rich Gilson signman359 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 23:57:40 CDT 2006

On Saturday 15 April 2006 14:57, Kuba Ober wrote:
> On Saturday 15 April 2006 10:48, n0dalus wrote:
> I think that this discussion has really degenerated into a long advocacy
> *against* everything that open source is good for.
>
> Alexandre's take seems to be that one should simply ignore what's out there
> and program like in Win 2.x days. In the meantime, software has moved
> forward quite a bit. That's what I make out of it.

I must say, the turn this conversation has taken is interesting.  In response
to what was written above, it does seem to me a curious precedent Alexandre
has set.  After all, wasn't Wine developed to allow people to get AWAY from
Windows?  Yet, when we go to make a GUI toolkit to make it accessible to the
masses, what are we told?  Why, write it for Windows, of course.

I just find it quite.....

amusing; yes, I think that word fits nicely here.

Rich
--
-- In a world without fences, who needs Gates?