SOC project

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.com
Wed Apr 19 04:17:10 CDT 2006

Kai Blin wrote:
> * Kai Blin <blin at gmx.net> [17/04/06, 20:44:30]:
>

>>Now what I wanted to as was the following. I've recently started to look
>>into the GENSEC library samba4 has to implement SSPI authentication and
>>signing/sealing, as the latter is impossible to do with ntlm_auth. Now,
>>would you consider this to be too cheesy to do as a project for summer
>>of code? If yes, I would of course try to think of something else I can
>>do, but I'd really like to see SSPI doing all that's possible on win32
>>one day. And I think GENSEC is the way to go.
>

> Judging from the lack of feedback as compared to the other proposals, I
> guess you don't like it. I'll go look for something else then.
I do not think it's a matter of liking it or not but that's a part of
Wine that probably only you and Juan Lang are familiar with. From the
perspective of the $HOME user it isn't usefull for them but what about
the business Wine users? That question can be probably answered by the
Codeweaver guys and Dan Kegel.

bye
	michael
Sr. Network Engineer            Fax.: +49-711-96437-111
Red Hat GmbH                    Email: mstefani at redhat.com
Hauptstaetterstr. 58            http://www.redhat.de/
D-70178 Stuttgart