SOC Idea: Easy usage of native DLLs in Linux programs

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Wed Apr 19 11:16:40 CDT 2006

On 4/19/06, Mike Hearn <mike at plan99.net> wrote:
> > On the whole, I hope this happens.  It would be an interesting experiment.
>
> One thing I don't really understand is the process for this .... are
> students meant to trawl the wine-devel archives looking for ideas? Or
> should I go stick a link to this thread on the wiki and students can
> just point to that? The current wiki page implies students have to
> invent all their own ideas, but I remember last year we compiled a big
> list on the wiki.

Go ahead and create a wiki page for the idea, and link to
it from the wine SoC wiki page.
I'm going to do that for one or two prefab projects myself.

But last year we had lots of applicants who simply copied and
pasted the wiki page for their proposal, with minimal rewording.
We would like to make it easy to tell those people apart from
people who actually understand the project and can bring their
own ideas to bear.  So  while you're writing your page, try
to think of ways to encourage students to fill in the dots themselves.
- Dan