[SOC] proposal -> valgrind

Robert Shearman rob at codeweavers.com
Wed Apr 19 16:58:09 CDT 2006

Eric Pouech wrote:

> Another potential proposal for SOC would be upgrading valgrind to work
> with Wine.
>
> I've tweaked it a bit (some patches still floating around), but:
> - that's not complete (some items still don't work)
> - what's also completly missing is the support of native modules
> (especially when generating backtraces)
> - 16bit support (but we can safely leave it out for now)
> - and testing (and fixing) most of the implementations we have
>
> I've updated the Wiki page accordingly.
> A+

It would be really good for valgrind know about our heap implementation
so that it could report memory leaks. A solution I've done in the past
is to change all of the references to HeapAlloc/HeapReAlloc/HeapFree to
malloc/realloc/free so that it can report leaks, but that isn't very
convenient.

I think that is something that could benefit Wine a lot and wouldn't
require very much Wine knowledge at all (although, it could require some
knowledge about valgrind).

--
Rob Shearman