Using msvcmon to debug

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Apr 20 03:05:47 CDT 2006

    Ryan> Hi, I've been using msvcmon previously to remote debug application
    Ryan> in Visual Studio on Wine.  It's great to have an IDE to debug Wine
    Ryan> with the breakpoints and watch windows and all.  I'm now using
    Ryan> Crossover Office Pro 5.0.1-1rc2 and msvcmon is no longer working.
    Ryan> I'm getting the log message (which is new):

    Ryan> epoll_ctl: Operation not permitted

What distribution are you using? What wine version is involved?

The "epoll_ctl: Operation not permitted" problem appeared now and then, but
mostly only Suse Distribution was involved. If I remember right, the
dll/kernel/test directory provoked such an error for me, but does not now,
with a nearly up-to-date CVS wine on Suse 10.0

    Ryan> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
Please, no HTML in Mail.

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de