Re-proposal: web forums

Jeremy Newman jnewman at codeweavers.com
Sat Apr 22 13:17:48 CDT 2006

Currently the WineHQ server really does not have much space left over.
Alexandre and I have had a few issues with the box running out of hard
drive space.

We need to know if this is really needed. Is providing a forum really
better than: a good FAQ in the Wiki, the forums in the AppDB, Bugzilla,
the mailing lists, and finally IRC? We already provide quite a few
levels of help.

The other issue I have is that just adding a forum, is yet another
login/password for users to have. What I don't like about the WineHQ
website is that the AppDB and Bugzilla do not share a common login
system. Adding a bboard just adds more to this problem.

Now, I do not see a reason why the AppDB guys could not use the already
written forum in the AppDB to create a not tied to an app forum. Follow
me?