[SOC] ASIO

Paul Millar paul at astro.gla.ac.uk
Tue Apr 25 05:49:23 CDT 2006

Hi Tom,

Yes, this looks to be amenable to a clean-room implementation.

This could involve two students: one activity would be to write a document
describing the API and write a suite of functional tests that "define"
correct behaviour of the API; the other activity would be to use the document
and functional test-suite to implement a version of the asio dll for wine.

Would this be an appropriate SoC project?  I speak as someone who's got a mate
who (independently) came up with much the same idea and this might allow both
to contribute.

Cheers,

Paul.