[SOC] ASIO

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 14:06:40 CDT 2006

On 4/25/06, Tom Spear <speeddymon at gmail.com> wrote:

> If I am reading what you said above, you basically want to for example, take
> fruity loops, figure out what it does when you do various things (by tracing
> that app's execution), then using that trace, write our own code to produce
> an _identical_ trace, and then use that code to make patches to other areas
> of wine..

While reading through traces can give you some idea of what a
particular app or native dll is doing, trying to match traces
identically is a bad way to go about achieving interoperability.  For
one, traces just output one particular code path, and leaves you with
no idea about what else there is to implement.  A better method is to
use the traces as one tool in a larger toolkit to understand what is
going on behind the scenes then implement your own version of the code
that has the same outcome (usually not the same trace.)

--
James Hawkins