Getting wrc to handle long long

Bill Medland billmedland at mercuryspeed.com
Tue Apr 25 15:49:28 CDT 2006

(Further to my previous patch)

I have little real experience with handling multiple platforms so
I have no idea how this needs to be fixed.  Can anyone make some
suggestions.

Currently the decision as to whether wrc will handle long long
constants depends upon

#if defined (SIZEOF_LONGLONG) && SIZEOF_LONGLONG >= 8

So where is this SIZEOF_LONGLONG supposed to come from?  I
presumed it was either a standard definition or a Microsoft one
but I guess not; The APR uses one but that seems to be it.

So I suggest maybe we should simply use

#if defined (LLONG_MAX)

which is at least part of C99

But then how to get LLONG_MAX set when compiling up wpp.  I
managed to hack it by adding std=gnu99 to the CFLAGS in the
makefile but that is hardly portable.

Can someone give a better suggestion?  Is there something we are
already checking in the configure that we can use?

--
Bill Medland
mailto:billmedland at mercuryspeed.com
http://webhome.idirect.com/~kbmed