tags / Re: [WINED3D] Use shorter lines in drawprim.c (whitespace)

Detlef Riekenberg wine.dev at web.de
Tue Apr 25 16:19:48 CDT 2006

Am Montag, den 24.04.2006, 23:31 +0200 schrieb Stefan Dösinger:

> I personally dislike that. In my opinion it's better this way:
>
> HRESULT WINAPI
> IWineD3DDeviceImpl_SetTexture(IWineD3DDevice *iface,
>                               DWORD stage,
>                               IWineD3DBaseTexture *Texture)

When you want to use ctags or etags and you put all in one line,
you will get Tooltips for the Function in many Tools (Editor/IDE).
If tags are not supported in your preferred Tool, then fill
a BUG-Report / Enhancement-Request for them or think about
changing your Tool.
I tested tags with "Nedit" (http://www.nedit.org) and
"SciTE" (http://scintilla.sourceforge.net/SciTE.html)

SciTE has a lot of API-Files, including C, WinAPI and OpenGL.

This might be another Reason to simplify Functions.

BTW: With my latest Patches for "kernel/heap.c", I changed
     the Style for touched Functions to "all in one line".

--
By By ...
      ... Detlef