RFC: sfd2ttf

n0dalus n0dalus+wine at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 10:21:31 CDT 2006

On 4/28/06, Markus Amsler <markus.amsler at oribi.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here's a first version of an sfd2ttf tool based on fontforge-20051205.
> You can dwonload it from [1].
> It consists of 5 files (with Makefile) and has a size of 500K. There's
> still some dead code lying around, I think I can bring it down to
> 300K-400K. Is this acceptable?

Just out of interest I ran it through gcov:
File 'sfd2ttf.c'
Lines executed:23.50% of 2643

File 'sfd.c'
Lines executed:30.49% of 2089

File 'tottf.c'
Lines executed:51.85% of 2353

And out of 324 functions, 194 aren't being used.

> SFD reading was quite easy, the code was well seperated.
> TTF generation was a bit harder. I decided to output TrueType, with
> bitmap tables from OpenType. The others ttf variations (full OpenType or
> even aat (Apple Advanced Typography)) are not supported, as it would
> make the tool a lot bigger (factor 2-5 or so) and i believe it's not
> needed (right?).

The fonts aren't generated properly for me unfortunately. I am opening
them in gnome-font-viewer; there is a screenshot attached.

n0dalus.