user: Extend menu conformance test

Thomas Kho tkho at ucla.edu
Fri Apr 28 13:20:11 CDT 2006

On 4/27/06, Mike McCormack <mike at codeweavers.com> wrote:

> tkho at ucla.edu wrote:
>
> > This patch adds a test to the menu conformance test to point out some bugs. I
> > submitted a patch earlier that contained both this test and three fixes; I'm
> > redoing it piecemeal this time.
>
> I think splitting it up is a good idea...
>
> This test takes about 20 seconds to run on my machine... is there any
> way to speed it up a bit?

The short answer is yes.

The bulk of the delay is from failing tests (there are 14 of them)
taking the entire timeout period of 500ms before failing. With all 4
patches applied, none of the tests fail and runtime is significantly
faster.

I'll send a more aggressive patch (200ms timeout, 20ms polling for
results instead of 100ms). The 3 patches that have fixes still apply
cleanly on top of this new patch.

Tommy