Wine and process "names"

Segin segin2005 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 13:31:50 CDT 2006

Good day, everybody! I have recently done two things:

A. I stopped trying to get Wine to use SDL for a graphics display -- the
entire idea just sucks.
B. Upgraded to 0.9.12

This has presented me with something quite odd

Windows programs running in Wine had their argv[0]'s exposed to Linux.
Let me clarify: When you run 'ps', the first word in the "CMD" field is
usually a program's argv[0] and is referred to as the process's "name",
but of course you all know that. It seems that Windows processes have
their names exported to Linux in the same way, I literally had this in
the 'ps' output:
13885 pts/1    00:00:21 C:\windows\notepad.exe

Is this a new behaviour of Wine 0.9.12, or have the virus writers
finally caught up with us?

--
The real problem with C++ for kernel modules is: the language just sucks.
	-- Linus Torvalds