ntdll: CreateRemoteThread and RtlCreateUserThread for remote processes, take 2

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Wed Aug 2 18:02:36 CDT 2006

On 8/2/06, Mike Hearn <mike at plan99.net> wrote:
>  - The service thread seems like a good idea to me. But why use a signal
>    in this case, when there are simpler ways to achieve the same thing,
>    for instance with a named pipe?
>
>  - I'm not sure using the realtime signals will work. I don't remember
>    the details, Alexandre is the signals guru, but I remember them being
>    "awkward"

The goal is to get rid of the service thread; the service thread was
just there as a placeholder.  Once it's gone, signals are appropriate.
The realtime signal is just there as a placeholder until we figure out
how to squeze this down into SIGUSR1 and SIGUSR2.

Thomas is now experimenting with using APCs instead of a service thread.
- Dan