Wine and Photoshop in news

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Thu Aug 3 20:10:36 CDT 2006

I'm going to CC the author of the article here, as it looks like he's
using my packages.

On Tue, 2006-08-01 at 11:58 -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:
> On 8/1/06, Jaap Stolk <jwstolk at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 8/1/06, Vijay Kiran Kamuju <infyquest at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > ....business05_aug01_2006
> >
> > "with the latest beta version being 0.9.8"
> >
> > is this a re-print or something?
>
> It's fresh, but with typos, I think.  There were backslashes
> missing in a path; maybe there's a 1 missing from 0.9.18...

Actually, I don't think it's a typo.  0.9.8 is the version that's in the
Ubuntu default repositories (which is how he seems to have installed
it), which are frozen.

0.9.18 is the latest version I have packaged, however.  I wonder if he's
using the later packages available from winehq, or if the review was
written with the default version in the repositories?  He's clearly been
on the Ubuntu forums, where it's pretty easy to discover the winehq APT
repository:

http://winehq.org/site/download-deb

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie