GlobalMemoryStatus - Photoshop 4 workaround crashes Notes Client running Java

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sat Aug 5 12:07:25 CDT 2006

On 8/5/06, Stefan Siebert <stefan.siebert at web.de> wrote:
> the implemented workaround for PS4 currently crashes the Notes Client and IBM's

The code in question seems to have been added in 2004, and is visible here:
http://source.winehq.org/source/dlls/kernel/heap.c?v=wine20040716#L1150

It has been reported to cause problems before:
http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-devel/2004/08/0247.html

> JRE complains that it couldn't allocate 16MB of heap memory.
> My approach would be to get rid of the PS4 workaround, as it's an application
> problem. Implementing another workaround to get IBM's JRE running might break
> other applications.
>
> My question: Is it ok to remove it via patch or should I write a workaround for
> IBM's JRE ?

I think the first step would be to file a bug report in bugzilla.
(I know you feel there are too many of those already,
but it'd be really nice to have a good record of the problem
before we break out the scalpels!)
- Dan