dinput & [Get|Set]CursorPos conandrum

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Mon Aug 7 14:28:45 CDT 2006

Vitaliy Margolen <wine-devel at kievinfo.com> writes:

> Current dinput has lots of problems with lots of games for number of different
> reasons (and I'm talking about just mouse). To fix some(all) of them we need to
> move managing of mouse warping to x11drv - only it has enough information about
> what programs doing to the cursor. And to make it work all we really need is to
> make GetCursorPos returned cached cursor position and not the latest from X.

GetCursorPos really needs to query X, because there's no guarantee
that the app is processing X events, and even if we hack around that
we won't receive events from other processes anyway. Now it probably
doesn't need to update cursor_pos asynchronously, we could wait for
the X events to do that; but I'm not sure if that would help with your
problem.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org