RFC: XEmbed Systray Patches

James Liggett jrliggett at cox.net
Mon Aug 7 15:10:57 CDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-08-07 at 18:02 +0100, Mike Hearn wrote:
> On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 20:10:19 -0700, James Liggett wrote:
> > so I suspect that this has something to do with stack problem
>
> More likely it's a speed issue - logging slows the code down a lot which
> could "fix" a race condition. X is sort of susceptible to this kind of
> thing it seems.
Interesting thought...I knew that logging could slow down code, but I
didn't think it could slow it down so much that it actually allowed the
icon to dock. When I last tried working with these, I don't recall the
trace working to solve this problem (I could be wrong though)
Nonetheless, these patches seem to work better than the last ones, but I
don't really understand why that is.