wineconsole: command line option output / default user backend

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Tue Aug 8 07:18:51 CDT 2006

On Tue, August 8, 2006 4:18 am, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> I think that's a very small minority, what most people want is a real
> console in a separate window. We could certainly fall back to the
> curses backend when we aren't under X and can't create a user32
> window.

I used Wine for a while to run some command line tools (like some
embedded assembler and linker). I certainly did not want a new console
popup on each invocation. Not sure if this would be the case here,
but it's certainly one of the most irritating Windows behaviours.

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.