[UPDATE 2] RFC: XEmbed System Tray Patches

James Liggett jrliggett at cox.net
Sun Aug 13 02:04:21 CDT 2006

Attached is the second update of the XEmbed systray patches. Changes in
this version:

1. On the advice of Juan Lang, I only acquire the wine tsx11 lock when
actually making X calls, and not while initializing data.

2. Added the ability to detect if we have an XEmbed systray so that we
can selectively determine if we need to map tray windows or not. Under
the last version, the icons would not be mapped under any circumstances
whatsoever. While it would work if we had an XEmbed-compliant tray to
dock with, the icon wouldn't show up at all if there wasn't one. Things
work both ways now. But, if you look at the patches, you'll notice that
the logic in the if statements is a little ugly. Is there a cleaner way
to do this?

Thanks,
James Liggett