LOSTWAGES: Replace references to CVS with Git

Saulius Krasuckas saulius2 at ar.fi.lt
Fri Aug 18 10:25:10 CDT 2006

> Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 08:18:43 -0500
> From: EA Durbin <ead1234 at hotmail.com>
>
> > From: Robert Shearman <rob at codeweavers.com>
> > Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 12:09:42 +0100
> >
> > I think we should leave the reference to the CVS tree page (but still
> > add a link to the Git tree). Some people find it easier to work with
> > CVS than Git.
>
> Agreed, CVS is much easier to use in my own opinion,

But in what way it is?  For example I dislike managament of env-variables
at all.  That's why I didn't like CVS :-p

> and the packages in the ubuntu repository for git are old and don't
> function properly at all with the instructions listed on the page,

Well, someone should probably report this to Ubuntu folks.  What is the
GIT version used now in Ubuntu?

> even when substituting git with http:.

Maybe this should be put into GitWine wikipage?
What else instructions are inadequate on your box?