LOSTWAGES: Replace references to CVS with Git

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Mon Aug 21 05:03:03 CDT 2006

Michael Stefaniuc <mstefani at redhat.com> writes:

> But i also guess that he likes to receive more patches than less. For
> the casual/new Wine patch submitter CVS is easier to use. If those
> submitters do more Wine work they will see the light anyway and migrate
> to git ;)

More patches are good, but if they are in a broken format they are not
really useful. And CVS unfortunately makes it much too easy to submit
broken patches, so it's not necessarily better for new submitters.

> Are there any plans to get rid of CVS? I would guess keeping the CVS
> tree sync from the git tree is low maintanance so it can be kept around
> "forewever".

Yes, as long as it doesn't require any maintenance it will be kept
around. But if it breaks for some reason, I'm not going to spend time
fixing it.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org